An airbrush is used to apply special tanning solutions as a form of sunless tanning that simulates the appearance of a natural sun tan. It is promoted as a safer and healthier alternative to the damaging effects of long term exposure to the sun. It is often preferred over other sun tanning alternatives like tanning beds.
In the last decade, airbrush tanning has been elevated to a fine art. Airbrush tanning is a precise, thorough and completely modern way of applying a faux tan and is very popular with individuals who don’t have the time or patience to apply self-tanning lotions or visit a tanning bed.
Getting ready for My Liquid Sun Salon airbrush tan
- Shower and exfoliate skin a minimum of eight hours before tanning. Exfoliation will help remove dead skin cells, which don’t tan.
- Shave and wax at least eight hours before tanning. Never Tan if you have broken skin
- Remove makeup, perfume, lotion, etc., and make sure that your skin is completely dry before tanning.
- Don’t use moisturizers, body oils, lotions, or perfume for at least four hours before airbrush tanning. Remove before tanning.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing for at least 30 minutes before tanning so that your skin is not constricted or crushed. (This will eliminate bra and panty tan lines.)
- Allow 5–30 minutes for the tanning solution to set before dressing.
- Wait 8–14 hours after your tan before showering, exercising/sweating or coming into contact with water for best results.
- Apply moisturizer during the morning and evening after your first shower following your first tanning session. Moisturize daily thereafter. Hydrated skin is essential in maintaining a longer lasting tan.
- Make sure you moisturize every day for optimum results. A maintenance tan is recommended every 5-7 days.